It’s Knights Night at our house! Tonight is game 3 of the Western Conference of the NHL Stanley Cup Final.
We love our Knights!
Usually we do homemade pizza on Knights night, but tonight is a school night and I needed to keep it a smidge more simple. I’ve been planning this idea for a while, so it was really easy to pull together with minimal effort. All you need to pull this off is a 3 inch circle cutter, a stencil slightly smaller than 3 inches, and some edible shimmer spray. I recommend using a foil pan to contain any off spray from the project. These were as fun to create as they are delicious to eat.
I’ve promised you my Ultimate Fudge Brownie recipe for a while now, but the end of the school year sprint has really thrown us for a loop. Sorry it took so long. Enjoy!
GO KNIGHTS GO!
Ultimate Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sugar together until sugar is no longer grainy. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add salt, baking powder, cocoa, and flour. Stir well until smooth.
- Pour into a buttered baking pan (8x8 if you want super thick fudgey brownies or 11x7 if you want normal thickness).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Tip: These are super simple to make with just a medium saucepan and a wooden spoon. No mixing bowl required. These are a one pan wonder, ready to enjoy in less than 60 minutes from start to finish.